Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 15: 9/26/11 - "Breakaway"

"Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And If I'd end up happy,
I would pray.."

- "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson

Happy Birthday Daddy! Despite my own sadness, I could at least smile today as I called my father to wish him a happy birthday. I miss him and my family so much, so any time I talk to them I feel even more isolated. But I know I'll be home soon for Thanksgiving. It's always fun to talk to my Dad, though he rambles on sometimes. His youngest brother (and only remaining sibling) is living with him now, so I worry about him less, but Dad tells me that my uncle is pretty much deaf now...and won't go to the doctor to have his hearing checked out. Sounds like I'm going to have to try to talk to him when I go home. And a fun surprise - My Auntie called this morning to get Dad's phone number so she could call and wish him a happy birthday. She also wished me a belated happy birthday. It's one of the strange things about my Mom's side of the family that I love dearly: My Auntie is my mom's oldest sister but she still calls my Dad on his birthday (and still remembers his birthday) though my parents are no longer married. She also threatens my dad if he doesn't come to Thanksgiving dinner (we always have it at her house) and she gets mad at him when he doesn't come visit. Love you Daddy and Auntie (and all of my family) and miss you all very much.

Tony Romo: Are you kidding me? You played last week with a broken rib and a punctured lung and some idiot decided that a pain shot and a protective vest would be enough to let you actually play tonight? Am I missing something? Like normal logic and intelligent thinking? Who in their right mind thinks that its a good idea to play football only a week and a day after suffering the injury that Tony Romo suffered (and no, I don't think it matters that he wanted to play - someone still needed to step up and sit his butt down!

Crying: Yep, started tearing up again today...really got to shake this because I'm annoying myself. I can say that I didn't cry in my dreams last night and the one I really remember was just strange. Let's just say that I was being chased by someone and I couldn't see where I was going but I knew by feel how to find my way down the stairs, out the front door and down the street...bare foot. I ended up hiding out in someone's car and then in someone's house. Then, poof, mom and dad are there to get me and take me home. And we are fussing at mom about all of the extra bags she has. Nothing in this dream made sense but it was a mixture of crazy things I had read (Zoo City), seen (Hawaii 5-0), and experiences (traveling with my parents). But the real question is why? And what does it mean when I dream about my parents coming to my rescue?

New Aches and Pains: Today I have discovered two new aches and pains. My left hip now hurts after I sit down for extended periods of time. And I now have a recurring pain in my right side. Now trying to catalog these things and see if I can figure out what is causing them.

Tennis tomorrow? I hope so! It's been a while but I think I can get out there and give it a go. Despite how tired I am, I truly believe that I need as much exercise as I can get. Better pack my stuff tonight so that I'll be ready to go in the morning. Let's hope my new aches and pains don't prove to be too difficult for me to overcome....or that it rains.

Congrats! Last but not least, a hearty congratulations to my friend HDC who apparently is married now. I wish her and her husband much happiness and hope I get to see both of them again soon.

No comments: