Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 19: 9/30/11 - "Let Her Cry"

"Let her cry
If the tears fall down like rain
Let her sing
If it eases all her pain
Let her go
Let her walk right out on me
And if the sun comes up tomorrow
Let her be..."

-"Let Her Cry" by Hootie & the Blowflish

Tennis: I'll start here tonight since I was so happy to finally get a chance to get back out there and play again. I struggled with my shots as usual, but for some reason it was my forehand that gave me more trouble than anything else. My backhand wasn't terrible and my serve was okay (only 1 double fault). I lost 6-0, 6-2 but I played the entire match and I competed this time. I had my friend Del take a picture of me "in action" so that I could post it. It was nice to get out there and do something fun and healthy (though I'm sure my aching bones might disagree with the "healthy" claim). Note the terrible footwork I'm displaying in this picture...but check out the cool headband!

Bundled Registration: So just when I'm thinking I won't be shelling out any more money in big chunks for a while, I remember that I have to register for ALA today or I'll lose the bundled savings. So out comes the credit card again to pay for something I won't even be "using" until June 2012! How annoying is that? And then I notice that not only has the bundled priced gone up, but ALA won't be printing and sending out badges this year. We'll have to print them when we get to the conference. So if we're saving by not printing and mailing badges, what's up with the increased rates?

The Sing Off: I really love this show and hate that some groups aren't going to make it (but that's the nature of competition). I'll keep watching unlike other reality shows that I can't stand, but I'll be sad to see some of these people go. I also had this great idea that my brother should get a group together to do something like this. Now, acappella isn't his thing, but he can arrange and mix music like no one else. If he could find the right mixture of people I know he could put out a great product. I'll have to mention it to him when I go home for the holidays.

No comments: