Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Year 2, Day 84: 12/4/12 - "Taste of Your Love"

"I don't need nothin'
I don't need nothin'
I don't need nothin' but a taste of your love..."

-"Taste of Your Love" by Due West

Some Good, Some Bad: Funny day today - with some good feelings and some bad.  The best news?  A great meeting with the people over at the College of Business.  We might be able to get them to continue to pay for a particularly expensive resource that the faculty not only requested, but heavily use.  I'm hoping that we find out what other resources we are both paying for in common and possibly reduce the amount of money we are shelling out.  The bad?  Today was another day where I was reminded of my loneliness.  My friend texted me with the news that her ex-husband is getting married again and this made her feel like a loser.  I can commiserate, as this is how I feel all the time as I watch others move through life so normally.  I can't even find a date, let alone a boyfriend or potential husband/father of my children.  I reminded my friend that she was not a loser and that what was bothering her was just how unfair life is.  What else do you call it when the person who cheated her someone is now the one able to find someone else for their life.  While the one who was cheated on is still searching?  Or when a good person with so much to give, cannot find anyone willing to find out how good she is?  Thinking about that is too sad, so I'll move on for now.

No comments: