Friday, December 14, 2012

Year 2, Day 94: 12/14/12

Waiting on the Doctor: I don't know why my doctor's office bothers to give me a morning appointment time.  They accept walk-ins as well on a first come, first served basis.  So even if I show up on time, I have to wait my turn.  This morning it meant I had to wait for 2 hours just to see the doctor for 5 minutes.  This is not a process that makes any sense to me!

Holiday Party Cheer: The library had its holiday party today and there were three things that struck me as odd:
  1. We had the party down on the 2nd floor right in the heart of the library.  Granted, it is intersession and there aren't very many students, but the library was open and students could still go through this space.
  2. They allow drinking on campus and at these parties. The number of people taking tequila and rum shots was crazy.  And there were at least 3 spiked drinks (including something called planter's punch) on hand.  I'm not sure if this is the best image to show to our students.  Add to the fact that people were getting louder and louder the more they drank, and I think they need to be more careful of this in the future.
  3. There were people sitting together who normally don't have anything to do with one another.  It was very odd and disconcerting to see.

No comments: