Thursday, December 20, 2012

Year 2, Day 99: 12/19/12

What's Your Motive? I didn't post yesterday because I needed some time to think about something that happened.  At the end of my day I stopped in to see someone who had asked to see me.  They then proceeded to inform me that some of my actions were being perceived as negative by others, that I needed to be discrete about spending time with my friends at work, but that they felt I was the right person for the job, I just needed to be more careful.  I left that meeting not sure how to react to this meeting or to what I felt were the persons true intentions.  The more they told me that they were doing this to help me, and that they were concerned about me, the more I felt as if I were being lied to and set up.  Perception is everything, right?  Here is the sad final truth that I woke up with in the morning:  I don't trust anyone within the workplace.  Everyone has an agenda and some of these agendas are harmful to others.  I've already been on the receiving end of someone negative agenda towards me and I don't plan on being caught unawares again.  No this, I am perceptive.  I watch and I learn.  I am not an idiot.  I will not let your erroneous perceptions change the way I am at work.  So, thank you for inviting me in for a meeting, for gracing me with your magnanimous presence, but I think I'll make my own decisions.

No comments: