Sunday, December 9, 2012

Year 2, Day 89: 12/9/12 - "Runaway Train"

"So tired that I couldn't even sleep
So many secrets I couldn't keep
Promised myself I wouldn't weep
One more promise I couldn't keep

It seems no one can help me now
I'm in too deep
There's no way out
This time I have really led myself astray

Runaway train never going back
Wrong way on a one way track
Seems like I should be getting somewhere
Somehow I'm neither here nor there..."

-"Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum

Runaway Train: My life feels like a runaway train right now.  What I can't tell is, whether I'm the train or whether I'm on the tracks and the train is coming.  Either way, I feel like my life is spiraling out of control.  You know that odd sensation you feel when you know you've made a mistake and you're trying to figure out whether its going to be a huge one or a small one?  That's how I feel right now - struggling to figure out if there is a way to remedy these mistakes that I've made.  Trying to figure out how bad its going to be. Trying to figure out where I went wrong. 

No comments: