Saturday, December 8, 2012

Year 2, Day 87: 12/7/12

Recap of a Couple of Long Days:  I was too frustrated to post last night, but here is the final recap of everything that happened after I had my phone fall down the elevator shaft:
  • I left work at 5pm so that I could make it down to the Verizon store and see if they could help me with my phone issue.  They very nicely confirmed that I would have to pay full price for a phone if I wanted a new one (in case you don't know, they run between $350 and $700).  I confirmed with them that I could get another computer somewhere else and use it instead.  They then told me that I should only buy a Verizon phone because another one wouldn't work.  I then went in search of a phone or a new battery for my old Blackberry.
  • It took me nearly 30 minutes in traffic to get to the Walmart and they didn't have a Verizon phone.  I then went back down the road to Best Buy and their phones were as high priced as Verizon.  Plus, they didn't carry any batteries.  It took me nearly 15 minutes to find this out because they were so busy.  They were nice enough to point me towards BatteriesPlus, and even gave me directions.  35 minutes later I found the store only to find out they closed at 7pm (it was 7:30pm).  I headed home with a headache, hungry, and angry!
  • I got up early on Friday so that I could stop by BatteriesPlus before I headed to my doctor's appointment.  Their website said they opened at 8am, their door said they opened at 8am.  It was 8:55am when I arrived and they weren't open!  I waited for about 10 minutes and then gave up and went to my appointment.  I got out in time to head back there and they were open this time.  I had to pay $40 for a battery (yes, this is a rip off!), but was able to go right next door and have them turn my phone on.
So I have a phone again - I really want my touch screen back and my Blackberry is finicky, but at least it works.  I'll have to do some soul searching to figure out if I want to spend any money on my phone any time soon.

No comments: