Saturday, December 8, 2012

Year 2, Day 88: 12/8/12

Personal Bests:  I don't have much to cheer about most days, but today I ran my personal best for 6 miles at 1 hour 13 minutes, 30 seconds.  This is nearly 5 minutes faster than I ever remember running outside.  And today it was humid enough that I wouldn't have expected to run very fast.  Maybe it was the rain storm that popped up during the 2nd mile.  Or maybe it was all of the angst I've had the last few days.  But I actually had 3 sub-12 minute miles (and they were barely sub, like by 3 seconds), but for me to nearly average 5 miles an hour for my full run, I was moving pretty well.  I paid for it afterwards, of course, and had to lay on the floor for nearly 20 minutes as soon as I hit the house.  I won't be using this as my marker for future runs - I'm considering this a fluke.  But it was a nice fluke to have.

No comments: