Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Year 2, Day 56: 11/6/12

Election Drama: I said I wasn't going to watch the election results, but I can't help it - it's too important for me to pretend that I don't want to know what is going on.  I started the night down, feeling as if we didn't have a chance, but the rest of the world is saying "hold on" because nothing is written in stone.  It's tight, is all I know.  I know people say that Obama winning in 2008 was big and it was a big deal for our country.  But it would be an even bigger deal if he won tonight, because it would prove that we could look past our prejudices, past our insecurities and make a decision based on real issues.  We'll have to see.  The larger counties in Florida are still out, so it's not over yet.  I might not be able to sleep tonight...

No comments: