Sunday, November 25, 2012

Year 2, Day 75: 11/25/12

Sun Life Stadium and NFL Football  I got to cross something off of my bucket list today - I attended my first NFL football game.  It was at Sun Life Stadium, which is in North Miami, closer to Ft. Lauderdale than to where I live.  I got to go with my friend "V" and her family and friends.  Her mother and sister were part of a group that sang the National Anthem. The game was supposed to be partially dedicated to celebrating organ transplantation, but that never seemed to happen.  We still wore our shirts in support of organ donation and transplantation. 

I did have a good time, though there were a few things to be learned here:
  1. Late November in Miami is still hot, especially on a cloudless day.  I had no sunscreen and no hat.  $24 later I had a brand new Dolphins visor that I will now wear for other things...like running!
  2. Food is way too expensive at all parks, and the food at the stadium was pretty bad (at least at the grill).  The lemon chill was fine though (and usually is).  The black bean burger was blah.  The fries looked soggy. Barbecue looked good, but I don't eat that.
  3. Parking is terrible and expensive and they made someone who was disabled pay $25 to park when there wasn't even a space available.  
  4. Don't plan on getting out of the park and home at a reasonable time.  I didn't get home until after 6 and the game ended a little after 3!
Here are my pics of the fun and game(s).

View of Sun Life Stadium

Another view of the stadium

A little bit of football action...or time out action to be exact.

Looking at the jumbotron

Friends having a good time.

Cheerleaders

Bush on the board

And the sprinklers came on...

The Dolphins inflated mascot.

No comments: