Thursday, November 8, 2012

Year 2, Day 58: 11/8/12 - "My Own Worst Enemy"

"Sometimes it seems to me
I am my own worst enemy..."

-"My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit

Sometimes I'm Not Nice to Myself: When I make a mistake tends to be the obvious times.  Like today, when I realized I had done something accidentally (and easily done) that could come back to hurt someone else.  Never my intention but too late to correct it.  All the way home I was mentally kicking myself, calling myself names, on the verge of tears.  No matter how many times I try to tell myself that it will be okay, that they'll understand, that nothing bad will happen, I always come back around to "yeah, but you screwed up, which makes you stupid."  *sigh*  I really need to work on this because it is definitely not good for my self-esteem or my stress levels.  I know it will keep me from sleeping tonight, and likely tomorrow night, and into the long weekend.  I'll even be thinking about it years from now.  Why?  I'm stupid that way.

No comments: