Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Year 2, Day 78: 11/28/12

Are We There Yet?  I witnessed some of the worst behavior I've seen in the workplace in a long time today.  Someone actually threw a temper tantrum, like a child would.  No, they did not scream and kick (that would have been too much), but they did talk over people, then make a smart ass remark, before crying.  Yep, a full-on temper tantrum.  The sad part?  They were fussing about something that should have been seen as a positive, and which was presented that way.  Instead, they tried attacking two or three people they felt were causing the problem and went for the jugular.  I'm sorry, but calling someone out by name and asking them if they are doing their job (in so many words), is not being collegial, adult, or anything else that belongs in the workplace.  Follow that up by a meeting where people who have nothing to do with your department decide that you need to do more work, and you've got one hell of a day.

Shipping Woes!  I had to drive down to the UPS customer center to get my package today because I was never home when they tried to deliver it.  This was after I called them because online my package was marked as "return to shipper" even though I had already asked them to hold it.  I then dropped by FedEx to get my other package (I had them hold it there since it was near the UPS location), and then came home to find my other two FedEx packages had arrived...and were delivered!!  Why didn't anyone tell me they would actually leave the damn things under the stairs where they were well hidden?  Why did I have to spend money and gas and time picking up my items?  Lesson learned.  Now off to find a few more things to have delivered.

No comments: