Friday, November 16, 2012

Year 2, Day 66: 11/16/12

Out and About: Okay, for all of my friends who have told me that I need to get out and do something in Miami, you will be happy to know that I did go out after work tonight.  Some of my coworkers invited me to go to Monty's (Caribbean, seafood, music, dancing, etc).  The baked tilapia was delicious, as were the black beans and rice - very simple but also very generous.  The onion rings were huge, but not all that good (too greasy, not enough breading).  I had to valet park because the lot next to the restaurant was full when I arrived (though they let me in with a ticket...luckily they didn't charge me to go right back out).  But the valet was actually cheaper than the parking in downtown San Antonio!  They had a live band and a DJ.  Others said the other food and the drinks were good, so it seems to be a good place to visit.  I enjoyed it, and it was right by the water, so I felt like I was truly seeing Miami.  And yes, I did get up and dance (they played the Cupid Shuffle, so I had to dance!).  Maybe I'll get to do something fun after Thanksgiving.  Tomorrow, its work, work, work to make up for missing some time for the holidays.  Oh well!

No comments: