Thursday, October 4, 2012

Year 2, Day 23: 10/4/12 - "Free To Decide"

"It's not worth anything,
More than this at all.
I'll live as I choose,
Or I will not live at all.

...Because harassment's not my forte,

But you do it very well....

...You must have nothing,
More with your time to do.....

...So to hell with what you're thinking,
And to hell with your narrow mind...

'Cause I'm free to decide, I'm free to decide...

-"Free to Decide" by The Cranberries

TBTHMT: I got a monkey off of my back today, one that I had let linger for too long.  I feel lighter...

Some Things Need to Come to An End: I don't have a long history of relationships, certainly not good ones.  Sometimes they don't end they way they are supposed to (or how they should), or when they should, but they do end!  Today was the final death knell for a relationship that has lingered for many more years than it should have.  I must say that it hurts a little, but only because the selfish part of me wanted to keep something for myself.  The rational, practical part of me is nodding in satisfaction.  I deserve better, I will find better, and all will work out eventually.  I almost used "Settlin'" for my song of the day, but I needed something different and something with a slightly more direct message.

No comments: