Sunday, October 21, 2012

Year 2, Day 40: 10/21/12 - "Dissident"

"And to this day, she's glided on
Always home but so far away
Like a word misplaced
Nothing said, what a waste
When she had contact...with the conflict...
There was meaning, but she sold him to the state
She had to turn around
When she couldn't hold...she folded...
A dissident is here
Escape is never, the safest path..."

-"Dissident" by Pearl Jam

Off Grid: I went off the grid a bit today.  No Facebook.  No e-mail.  No Internet surfing.  I turned my laptop on tonight so I could make this brief post and work a little bit on the book I'm hoping to finish by November.  I was saddened by the fact that I rely so much on my computer and Facebook for my entertainment.  It really showed me that I have no life.  Without my computer to distract me I managed to re-pot my plants (Eddie is dead and Edith has moved into his pot since she is thriving and needed more space), do a load of laundry, knit 16 rows of a baby blanket. Make my lunch and dinner for the week (including learning how to cut up a papaya), and buy my Halloween candy.  All of that should make me feel good since it looks like I was very productive, but all it really showed me is that I live a pretty empty life.  Nothing fun or exciting.  The next question is what I can or should do to change that.  Sorry if anyone has been waiting on me to respond to an e-mail or a Facebook post.  I'll jump back in tomorrow I guess.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I hear ya, but think of all the commercials, spam, and other invasive non-sense you didn't see in just one day of going screen-less. I need to do that more...

Kawanna said...

Good point! I didn't think about it that way...though shutting the TV off would be the next step since I was bombarded with political ads!