Saturday, October 27, 2012

Year 2, Day 46: 10/27/12


Who Knew? Did you know that Luffa (loofahs) are grown and not made?  I'm honestly not sure where I thought they came from, but I will admit that I had no clue that you grew them...they are a plant!  I now have two of them - one still in its case.  I also now have some growing in a pot in my house - I'll have to see if I can nurture them along and allow them to actually grow into a full-sized plant!  See a picture here.

I Know Nothing About Wine: I had dinner at a colleague's house tonight and since they told me that they were going to make dessert too, I didn't know what to bring!  I lit upon the idea of bringing wine and confirmed with a couple of others that it was a good idea.  I then had to ask what type and brand to get!  I don't drink!!!  Luckily someone suggested Yellow Tail, which I recognized from my time in Texas.  It worked out nicely because my hosts like wine and had meant to get some but had forgotten, so I was able to provide and also feel like I contributed!

No comments: