Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Year 2, Day 28: 10/9/12 - "Nobody Knows"

"These four walls closing more everyday
And I'm dyin' inside
And nobody knows it but me
Like a clown I put on a show
The pain is real even if nobody knows
And I'm cryin' inside
And nobody knows it but me..."

-"Nobody Knows" by The Tony Rich Project

At Least I Finished Something!  Here is the baby blanket I've made for a friend who had her baby almost 6 months ago.  I'm a little late, but at least he is still a baby and will likely need the blanket now that fall is here.  This one took a little longer than I expected - likely because I started it when I had time and then time ran out on me (the move, new job, etc.).  I just finished putting the border on a couple of days ago and then it took me 3 days to find the time to weave in all of the ends.  Now I have 3 more blankets to makes (I'm going with solid colors so that I have less extra yarn to deal with.  But I do feel a sense of accomplishment when I actually finish a project.  I was telling someone today about my attempts at writing and she pointed out that I lit up as I talked about it.  I don't light up about much of anything these days, so this was a revelation (and a little scary, because I'm not talented enough to make a living as a writer, though it is obviously one of the things I love to do...like baking...and knitting).  *sigh*

Hard to see the details, but there is a repeating pattern in each color block.

And of course I made a matching hat!

No comments: