Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Year 2, Day 29: 10/10/12 - "Undertow"

"Silly me, look what I did again
I found what I want
Is what I cannot have..."

-"Undertow" by Sarah Bareilles

4 Hours Straight...That is how long I was in meetings this afternoon.  Needless to say, I think I know where my headache came from!  The first meeting was pretty interesting, since I learned a lot about the issues we have with lost, missing, in transit books.  The second meeting should never have happened the way it did. But the funny thing is, that both meetings showed me that the institution has so many issues that really need to be taken care of.  What they need is real leadership, someone who can rein in a small set of people who have run amok.  Today we spent nearly two hours reviewing notes from two year old meetings because they wanted to see what action items had not been done.  This was how they followed up on things.  They basically discussed the same issues and came to the same conclusions.  Now I wonder if they think that they'll actually get anything done this time around.  The second meeting featured a lecture and someone's attempt to volunteer us for a major endeavor we are not equipped to handle.  Then there was the sabotage and the argument that took place over a job description.  I had never seen anything like it, especially when it mostly came down to someone not listening because they didn't agree with what was being said.  Can you say, repetitive?  

No comments: