Friday, October 5, 2012

Year 2, Day 24: 10/5/12 - "It's Not Over"

"I was blown away.
What could I say?
It all seemed to make sense.
You've taken away everything,
And I can't deal with that.
I try to see the good in life,
But good things in life are hard to find.
We'll blow it away, blow it away.
Can we make this something good?
Well, I'll try to do it right this time around..."

-"It's Not Over" by Daughtry

Come On, Guys...You Must Think I'm Stupid!  Okay, so I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I decided to try Match.com again for one more time.  I haven't gotten many local contacts yet, but I sure have gotten some interesting ones.  The 3 that come to mind first are 4 guys who contacted me when I lived in Texas and tried Match about a year ago.  Now, keep in mind that this was only a year ago.  Not three years, five years, a decade.  One year.  Most of the pictures I put up are the same ones, with the exception of only 2 pictures.  I don't look different at all.  My profile is different, as is my profile name, but the pictures, and my physical description are completely the same.  Let me break them down this way:
  • Guy #1: I blocked from contacting me because he had the nerve to call me by someone else's name when he chatted with me and thought that it was no big deal.  Apparently he was chatting with so many people he couldn't keep them straight...not bothering to try to take that one into the real world!  I ignored him this time with a simple, no thank you.
  • Guy #2: Contacted me last time but he lived in Miami, so I said "no thanks."  Funny, I live here now and he contacts me again...his profile hasn't changed at all in the last year and neither have his pictures.  Plus, he doesn't remember that he contacted me.  No thanks.
  • Guy #3: Same issue as Guy #2, but even worse, he contacted me with the same e-mail, using the same stupid line (how could I forget it!).  Also, he's old enough to be my grandfather and lives in Italy!  And he doesn't remember that he contacted me either.  Double No Thanks!!!
  • Guy #4: Same issues as #2 and #3 except he sent me a more original e-mail...but doesn't remember that we e-mailed each other for nearly 4 months!
Come on guys, maybe I have a better memory than you, but I can't be that forgettable?  Or maybe I am?  Maybe that's the real problem!

No comments: