Sunday, October 7, 2012

Year 2, Day 26: 10/7/12 - "Some Hearts"

"Some hearts
They just get all the right breaks
Some hearts have the stars on their side, yes
Some hearts,
They just have it so easy
Some hearts just get lucky sometimes..."

-"Some Hearts" by Carrie Underwood

What I Did Today...I've had a lot on  my mind, and when I get overwhelmed by my thoughts, or my situation, I often strive to be as creative as I can.  In other words, I try to tire myself out and put my mind to having to concentrate on other things so that I can't think about the things that are really bothering me.  Today was one of those days and I managed to do all of the following:
  1. I went to the store and also figured out where Fresh Market was.  I won't be shopping there - they don't have the selection of loose goods that I had hoped for.  But I managed to pick up my weekly groceries and found my way back home before the big rain came through.
  2. Started on my three loads of laundry.  No pics of that because I have no intention of showing my dirty clothes.
  3. Made the cornbread for my dressing, which turned out better than my cornbread has in a while.  Turned the cornbread into cornbread dressing. Baked two turkey legs to go with it.
  4. Combined spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes to make pasta sauce for weekly lunch.  Poured over bowties.
  5. Decided to make snickerdoodles with a lemony flavor.  Naming them lemondoodles!  Came out pretty good - nice tang to them.  Remind me a bit of the lemon cookies I liked as a kid, but without all of the preservatives or fake dyes.
  6. Made a pompom for the baby hat I just finished, and then sewed all the loose threads into the hat.
  7. Retwisted my hair.  Found out that Miami humidity makes even my twists look fuzzy and crappy after only a week.
All the pics are below, including a walk-through of the cornbread dressing making.  Enjoy!
Crumbled up cornbread

Add the cream of mushroom soup

Add the cream of celery soup

Add about 3/4 cup of chicken broth

Add the sage...realize you forgot the lipton onion soup mix because you didn't buy it.  Go without and realize it tastes fine.
Turkey legs to go with the dressing


lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar

Bowtie pasta with mushroom, spinach, tomato sauce

Lemondoodles unbaked.


Lemondoodles baked.

Lemondoodle close-up

Pompom

Hat with pompom attched.

My painstakingly retwisted hair...took forever!

3 comments:

Ellen Lutz said...

I want your lemondoodle recipe!

Ellen Lutz said...

Will you share your lemondoodle recipe?

Kawanna said...

Of course I'll share it! Had to wait until someone other than me tried it (today) so I could post what I did!