Friday, October 26, 2012

Year 2, Day 45: 10/26/12 - "Best of What's Around"

"See, you and me
Have a better time than most can dream
Have it better than the best
And so can pull on through
Whatever tears at us
Whatever holds us down
And if nothing can be done
We'll make the Best of What's Around"

-"Best of What's Around" by Dave Matthews Band


Dave Barry Is Super Funny!  I got a late invite to the Richter Library (University of Miami) 50th Anniversary event with Dave Barry and UM President Shalala (love that last name!).  I knew of Dave Barry from his columns which I've read on occasion and found funny.  But I wasn't a Dave Barry "fan"...until now.  He is one funny dude!  The stories, his delivery of them, and President Shalala's style all worked well together.  And they gave us a free mug on the way out (and free goodies on the way in!).  All in all, a good night, worth coming home late for.  The library is gorgeous too!



No comments: