Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 317: 7/24/12 - "You Can Sleep While I Drive"

"Come on baby, lets get out of this town
I've got a full tank of gas, with the top rolled down..."

-"You Can Sleep While I Drive" by Melissa Etheridge

Building My List of Things I Should Never Do Again.   I have a short list of things that I know I should never do again, but I rarely add to it.  I tend to be a bit of a stick in the mud, and I don't do anything that others might consider to be a bit wild.  But I found something else to add to my list...staying up for 24 hours because of an early flight.  I apparently can't go without sleep anymore, at least not since my surgery.  My body was fighting me the whole way and I felt like crap from Midnight on.  I struggled on the drive to the airport too, as it was pitch black and not much traffic out - not conducive to keeping me awake.  By the time I made it to the airport I was sure I was going to pass out.  I was so tired that I fell asleep before the plane was even pushed back from the gate...hell, I don't even remember everyone getting on board!  I didn't wake up until an hour into the flight.  No sleep on the 2nd leg because it was too short and bumpy.  Oh well - guess I'm going to bed early (as in now, at 5:00 pm).  Yay!

No comments: