Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 314: 7/21/12 - "TBD"



Working Out: Since I knew I was playing tennis later in the day, I decided to do a modified workout at the fitness center.  This meant weights and some light running.  But instead of the light running I decided to challenge myself and run a 10 minute mile.  Now, I know that for real runners, that's nothing at all, and 10 minute miles are seen as slow.  But I haven't been able to run a 10 minute mile in nearly two years - not since I moved to San Antonio, and definitely not since my two surgeries.  Please note that I did this inside on a treadmill, as the San Antonio heat is nothing to play with.  The good news is....that I did it!  And I didn't collapse afterwards.  I, of course, got my butt kicked playing tennis afterwards and was likely a little overheated but at least I did it, and I didn't play too badly.

No comments: