Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 306: 7/13/12 - "Get The Party Started"

"I'm comin' up so you better get this party started
I'm comin' up so you better get this party started
Get this party started"

-"Get the Party Started" by P!nk

Winning at Losing Tennis: I finally got to play tennis again and low and behold...I still suck!  But I actually played better - I missed fewer shots, executed some touch shots, and actually made my partner win points rather than just giving them away.  It's always a little disappointing to lose all the time, but I definite don't mind as long as I did my best.  It also gives me hope for the future as I know I can get better.  Once I get to Florida I might take up lessons so I can actually correct my backhand and forehand.  And maybe have someone teach me how to get a little more pop on my serve!

First & Only Time Out in San Antonio: My friend, DD, actually managed to get me out of the house to actually go to a club here in San Antonio.  Luckily another girl-friend came along and we made our way downtown to the Bonham Exchange.  Apparently the club is in an old hotel and actually looks pretty cool.  It's also considered by many to be a gay club but there are plenty of all types of people there, all mingling together. We were the last ones to get in without a cover charge (score!) and they had really cheap well drinks (and really watered down too).  My friends treated me to two drinks since I usually don't drink (but since I wasn't driving I actually drank them).  I had an amaretto sour and then another drink with amaretto and pineapple juice (yum).  We hit two of the dance floors - one in the hip hop room and the other in the dance music room.  We also saw some very interesting goings-on and saw some "odd" things as well.  Here is the list:
  • Two guys in their underwear dancing on a high stage for cash (one in a g-string, the other in his short briefs).
  • Two couples grinding in public (really could have done without seeing that).
  • A young man with a Pikachu backpack.
  • Two cowboys in the dance music room who lost their shirts part way through.
  • The men's and women's dance offs in the hip hop room.  The emcee was a drag queen who was a little out there - but super funny.  I also discovered that the female dance off was all about ass-shaking and it was scary to see how many girls just didn't have any ass to shake!  Also, what happened to actually dancing?  Sadly, the girl who won wasn't the best dancer, she just shook her ass the best...according to the emcee and the crowd.  Another girl had a skirt on so short that the minute she started shaking, it pulled right up.
  • A bachelorette party that featured super short and tight dresses, including a pregnant woman in three inch heels.
  • A man in a long black coat and a top hat with silver streamers hanging from the back.
  • A girl in yoga gear...I only point this out because really, you couldn't have just put on some jeans?  You wore your yoga capris and top?
I also discovered something very important...have your friends check the see-through quality of your shirt before you enter the building of strobing lights, so that you don't find out when a picture is taken that your bra is clearly visible through your shirt whenever the light hits you full on!  Don't believe me?  Check out the pic!


No comments: