Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 300: 7/7/12 - "Back in the High Life Again"

"It used to seem to me
That my life ran on too fast
And I had to take it slowly
Just to make the good parts last
But when you're born to run
It's so hard to just slow down..."

-"Back in the High Life Again" by Steve Winwood

On the Road to Recovery: At least in terms of getting my runs back up to a respectable distance!  I did 5.7 miles in the 90+ heat of Texas and didn't pass out when I got done!  There was a decent breeze, though the sun was brutal!  I also didn't notice any muscle or leg pain afterwards, so I'm taking that as a sign that my knee is healthier and that I hydrated well.  I'll have to see if I can get a run in at least twice a week now, to keep up my strength.  I'll have to stick to treadmills during the week though - since I'll need to be able to stop when I need to and return home quickly to get ready for work.

What a Mess!  I know that now that I'm Miami bound, I need to start thinking about packing my things.  I noticed just how messy my apartment has gotten over the last week.  I'm partially blaming coming back so late from my trip and going right to work and having so much to do.  But I think I'm also just dreading the whole process of cleaning.  But i do know that I'm on a mission to recycle and reduce the size of stuff I need to take with me.  I want to streamline my possessions (including my books!) so that I can start fairly fresh.  We'll see how that goes!

No comments: