Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 294: 7/1/12 - "Back to Life"

"Back to life, back to reality
back to the here and now yeah..."

-"Back to Life" by Soul II Soul

Last Day in Paradise: I hated packing on Sunday as I prepared to leave my friend's house.  Yes, it was very much like being pulled back into reality and real life as I knew that Monday would bring issues and work, and issues.  But that is life at its best!

Travel Woes: Sometimes I hate traveling.  Here is what happened during my trek back to San Antonio.  First my friend dropped me off at the wrong terminal - completely my fault and United's as well, since they didn't tell me I was on United Express!  I was supposed to go to the Commuter Terminal but I completely forgot that I was going through LA.  So I got in, checked in and was told I was at the wrong terminal.  Luckily they have a bus that loops around, so I hopped on and then went through a very short security line in the very small commuter terminal.  There are only 4 gates there! Then, they call us in boarding order, only to have us cluster outside as the plane is prepared for boarding. Why in the hell did you even call us out there in any order if you were going to let us board that way?  Then horror of all horrors - it was a propeller plane!  It was so small I couldn't even stand up in it, and I almost didn't get my backs on (got lucky).  I napped through that one luckily and got to LAX with no issues.  Then over to the next gate to only a slightly bigger plane...and a delay.  Our flight was supposed to leave at 7:58 and didn't even board until 8:40.  We took off around 9:00 (I think) and finally arrived in San Antonio at 1:30am...yay me!  I then found my phone was dead but got lucky since the cabs were there waiting for those of us unlucky enough to be flying home overnight.  No more small planes for me though.  If I can help it, I will refuse to get on one again!

No comments: