Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 318: 7/25/12 - "The Art of Falling"

"...It's time for a change, It's time for a move,
And I know that it's frightening but it's also exciting
I'm taking a risk that I know is worth fighting
Its better
To make your mistakes than to live with out knowing
Its better to fall on your face then to stay on your feet
As long long long as you tried your best..."

-"The Art of Falling" by Greg Holden


"No Luck"  Today was a total bust, in my humble opinion.  By my first day in San Antonio I had already seen 3 places!  Here?  I've seen none!  Not one!  Nada!  Zilch!  I'm working with an apartment locator because it is so tough to navigate the market around here.  But I can honestly say that I'm concerned - I'm not sure if they are going to be able to truly help me.  Here is the rundown of what I did today.

6:30am - woke up after being in bed since around 8pm the night before...apparently all I have to do to get sleep is to go without for nearly 24 hours!

6:45am - went for a walk/run and came back drenched...yep, it's that humid here.

7:50am - breakfast

8:15am - hit the road for a 9am appointment - got stuck in traffic - missed appointment

9:15am - rescheduled appointment to 11:30am; called apartment locator - scheduled for 12:30pm

9:30am - drove around looking for a few things, like a drugstore for some lotion and free wifi.

10:45am - hit the FIU campus for the free wifi and for the meeting.

12:00pm - headed off to the apartment locator - got stuck in traffic

1:30pm - headed back to the hotel in Fort Lauderdale, completely exhausted and feeling defeated.

2:30pm - hit Subway for lunch/dinner sub

3:00pm - ate and then started working and catching up on e-mail...until after 7:00pm

8:35pm - realized I needed to print something - hit the Business Center

9:00pm - decided to have a snack

10:30pm - going to bed, early....again...

No comments: