Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 311: 7/18/12 - "Missouri"

"You came here in search of something true
Looks like, girl, your search isn't through..."

-"Missouri" by David Nail

Oh, Verizon, At Least You Didn't Piss Me Off Tonight (At Least Not Too Much).  I hate it when I get a bill online that I know should be a certain amount but when I open the e-mail, I see that it is higher than expected.  This always starts me on a quest to figure out what changed and to see if I need to dispute anything.  This time Verizon was wrong (they did not apply one of my discounts), and though I explained to the phone agent what the problem was, he still went through the long process of trying to "figure out" what I was talking about.  After five minutes I again pointed out to him what the issue was and he was like, "Oh, I see what you mean.  Let me fix that."  If he had listened to me right away, I would have been off of the phone a lot faster!  But at least they fixed the problem which was the biggest issue for me.

Not So Fast, Medco.  If it wasn't Verizon, it was Medco and HEB.  So here's the saga of the 90 day prescription.  I asked my doctor if I could move to a 90 day prescription since my medicine and health were stable.  He said, "Sure!  I'll write you a new prescription."  I drop off the prescription at HEB (my pharmacy) and then go back the next day to pick it up.  When I get there, I'm told the cost will be $10.  I'm happy - that's only $2 more than my 30 day supply!  But when I ask the pharmacy tech to confirm that it is a 90 day supply she says, "No, this is the 30 day."  I explain to her that my prescription was for 90 days so she goes off to check.  After a few minutes and a short discussion with the pharmacist, she comes back to tell me that my insurance won't allow a 90 day prescription.  At this point, I'm mad, but then I ask her why my prescription is now $10 then - why the change in price?  She can't explain it so I leave the prescription and go home to figure things out.  Today I figure out that I can only get a 90 day supply through Medco by mail.  If I go to a retail place, then I can only get a 30 day supply.  The wait time for the 90 day?  1 - 2 weeks!  the cost?  $20.  I call the HEB pharmacy because they never filled my 90 day prescription - they only did a refill since it was for the same medicine and I had refills left.  They said that if I used their discount program I could get my 90 day supply for $9.99 and the program only costs $5.  I was sold - now I have a program I won't be able to use once I move...but I have my 90 day supply!

Baking Blueberry Bombs!  Why do I call my blueberry muffins, bombs?  Because those wonderfully juicy berries tend to explode in the oven!  The muffins turned out great and because I made them with Splenda and applesauce, they are only 85 calories each!  Yum!  I had them with blueberry tea and it was marvelous!

No comments: