Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 100: 12/20/11 - "Moments"

"You know I haven't always been this way.
I've had my moments, days in the sun
Moments, I was second to none
Moments, when I knew I did what I thought I couldn't do..."

-"Moments" by Emerson Drive

Day at the Doctors X 3: I tried to kill not two, but three birds with one stone today by getting all of my doctor's appointments in during the 1st part of the day.  I hit the 1st doctor at 8:30am and traffic was good enough that I was actually on time.  The office was running like clockwork and they got me in on time and out early, despite the fact that I was a new patient (I was impressed!).  I had enough time in the middle to mail a special package, get lost trying to find a gas station to put air in my tires and still get to my next location and appointment an hour early.  I thought this spot was going to go well too, as they got me back on time and had the nurse finish processing me early.  But then it took an hour for the doctor to come in and actually spend his 5 minutes with me.  I kept looking at my phone (which was also running out of battery power) and thinking "I'm going to miss my third appointment!"  By the time I checked out I had 20 minutes to go almost 20 miles in SA traffic.  By some stroke of luck I actually made it and got the best news of the day:  my thyroid hormone levels are normal!  Also good news?  I'm down 4 pounds!

Knitting (Again!):  I was back at it again today, finishing up another hat for a baby. This one is red and white (Christmas and apparently sorority colors) for a little girl.  I made it a little too big so she could wear it often, and I even tried a pattern this time.  I hope they like it - I'm really impressed by the way it came out and I think I'm starting to get good at this hat thing!  I might want to just design a few interesting ones and see if I can sell them on etsy.

Holiday Emcee: I volunteered to emcee the annual library holiday party so tomorrow should be interesting.  I'm going to dress up a little (in a red dress, of course!) and hopefully I won't lose my voice - I'm still a bit croaky and my throat isn't completely happy with me.  I'll hopefully share some pictures tomorrow!

No comments: