Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 101: 12/21/11 - "Broken"

"The broken clock is a comfort
It let's me sleep tonight
Maybe it can stop tomorrow
From stealing all my time"

-"Broken" by Lifehouse



My, What a Big Mouth You Have!  My first turn as the emcee of the Holiday Party was a smashing success.  Okay, so maybe not really smashing but I do think it went well.  I kept everyone entertained, cracked a few jokes, showed off a killer outfit, and had a good time.  It was nice to get a chance to also sit and joke (if only briefly) with a few colleagues I had not seen in a while.  I'm going to have to suggest they consider using clickers next year for the games.  A little A/V never hurt anyone and it would be so much easier to do grading if we could have a way of tracking people.  But even with the oddness of the activities, there was much laughter, decent food, and fun and games to be had by all!

Knitting Extravaganza: I'm starting two new hats due by Friday for a colleague's daughters.  I'm loving this chance to play with some patterns and colors and hope they all turn out alright.  I also finally blocked the scarf for my friend DL in Nashville and will send her items out to her tomorrow (I hope!).  It has been a while since I actually finished them but I just never had the chance to block them out.  Now that I have, I guess I have no excuse for not sending them along!

Home?  I'm looking forward to going to home now.  I wasn't before and I'm not sure why not, but I am now.  I miss my family and talking to them over the last few days just reminds me of that and I realize that I need to enjoy every bit of time I get with them.  Others have not been so lucky!

No comments: