Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 85: 12/05/11 - "The Mountains Win Again"

"I pick up my smile
Put it in my pocket
Hold it for awhile
Try not to have to drop it..."

-"The Mountains Win Again" by Blues Traveler

Baking...Again:  I finished up my baking pretty early tonight since I have so much other stuff to work on.  Nothing too crazy this time around - just my chocolate and vanilla cupcakes.  I also tried to make some lemon cupcakes but they didn't turn out very well.  I had some miscommunication with myself on the amount of baking soda to add to the batter.  By the time I realized the mistake I could only add it in late and hope for the best.  This, of course, meant that my cakes didn't rise as they should have (oh well).  I'm going to try one in a bit to see if they are salvageable, but I suspect I won't be willing to share them with anyone.

New Toy: I did pick up a new toy today - a cupcake carousel!  It is designed to hold 24 cupcakes and it even looks a bit like a giant cupcake.  I couldn't resist and it was only $20.00 so I figured it was worth it with the amount of baking I do.  I hope I'll have multiple uses for it - even using it to carry around other things other than cupcakes.  We'll have to see!

The Nerve of Some People!  If you are told that something must only be done in secret (and not something illegal, just a fun thing that is done every year and theoretically hidden from someone else so they will be surprised in the future), then why do you feel you have the right to expose the secret to everyone?  Thanks a lot for ruining a nice tradition.  Now we'll have to start a new one...if we decide to even bother.  I always knew some people couldn't be asked to keep a secret...

No comments: