Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 88: 12/08/11 - "Happy"

"Someone once told me that you have to choose
What you win or lose
You can't have everything
Don't you take chances
Might feel the pain
Don't you love in vain
Cause love won't set you free
I can't stand by the side
And watch this life pass me by
So unhappy
But safe as could be

So what if it hurts me?
So what if I break down?
So what if this world just throws me off the edge
My feet run out of ground
I gotta find my place
I wanna hear my sound
Don't care about all the pain in front of me
Cause I'm just trying to be happy, yeah
Just wanna be happy, yeah

Just can't let it go
Just trying to play my role
Slowly disappear, oh
But all these days, they feel like they're the same
Just different faces, different names
Get me out of here
I can't stand by your side, oh no
And watch this life pass me by, pass me by"

-"Happy" by Leona Lewis

More Work: I found out today that a proposal for a roundtable that I co-submitted with someone was accepted to the First Year Experience Conference.  On the one hand, I'm happy about this because it always feels good to be accepted.  On the other hand I'm kicking myself because of the extra work this is going to mean for me, and right after the Midwinter conference.  The only good news is that the conference is taking place in San Antonio, so I don't have to go anywhere, other than downtown, to attend.  The registration is so expensive that this is a blessing - no way could I also afford to cover my airfare and housing.  I'll have 4 conferences by the time this year is out.

Odd Bonding: So apparently a group of us are going to the mall to get our ears pierced tomorrow.  I know this sounds strange but in one way it will be like an exercise in librarian bonding.  Plus, I've always intended to get my upper ear pierced and never got around to it.  I'll be curious to see which one of us goes first and who backs out.  Hope it doesn't cost too much - if it does, it will be my Christmas present to myself.

No Chance: I figured out that the reason I'm so unlucky in love is that I really don't have a chance to begin with.  You have to be able to catch someone's eye in a positive way to begin with, to later have a chance of something more meaningful.  I catch the eye of lots of people but only because they are staring at me because of my height (or who knows the other reason).  No ones looking at ME.  Not sure how to get people to do that but I hope I figure it out one day.

No comments: