Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 98: 12/18/11 - "All I Want For Christmas is You"

"I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree"

-"All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey

Baking...Again!  I realized that my applesauce would not last another week, so I decided to try to bake a couple of things to get rid of it.  My decision was helped by the fact that I also had some blackberries and sweet potatoes that needed to be used up.  The final outcome of this serendipitous set of left overs was a blackberry coffee cake and sweet potato muffins.  They both came out very nicely and I think I'll definitely make the sweet potato muffins again.  Both recipes were found online, so nothing new from me this time.  Pics are below!

Blackberry Coffee Cake (looks a bit like a wreath!)

Sweet Potato Muffins (a little browner than I wanted on top but still good!)

Final Touches  I finally finished the baby blanket for a friend living in Tennessee now.  I decided to also make a matching hat for the baby, but I'm worried that the hat won't be big enough (I have no idea how big the babies head is!). I'm hoping it will fit (and considering making a second one to accommodate growth!  They don't take long and I can still get it mailed by Tuesday.  See the blanket and the hat below!

No comments: