Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 97: 12/17/11 - "It Happens"

"Missed my alarm clock ringing
Woke up telephone screaming
Boss man singing his same old song
Drove in late about an hour
No cup of coffee no shower
Walk of shame with two different shoes on..."

-"It Happens" by Sugarland

Wardrobe Malfunction: I always know when I'm rushed or just having a bad day, because I always have issues with my wardrobe (likely due to the fact that I'm rushing or when I'm not focused on what I should be doing).  Today's wardrobe malfunction?  I put on mismatched shoes!  Luckily for me both of them were the same brand of running show.  The only major issues is that one of them is purplish/pink and the other is lime green/navy.  So anyone looking at my feet would likely notice, but from a distance I doubt it was too obvious.

Some People Should Bite Their Tongues!  I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to tell one particular person to "shut up before you say something else stupid, bigoted, or racist!"  Lately it seems like this person can only spout things that I find borderline offensive.  And I don't even think they realize it.  Just for the record, not all people of color go around looking for people who look just like them.  I don't roam the campus hunting for other black staff, students, or faculty to single out.  I also don't roam the campus looking for other tall women to compare myself too (though of course I do notice when I run into a tall woman - it never hurts to know where they get their shoes or clothes from!).  We all have opinions about things but there are better ways to share them (or times when you shouldn't share them at all).

No More Meds!  I had to avoid taking my OTC sinus medicine today - I woke up this morning just not feeling right and it took me a while to shake it off. I also had issues when I worked out and I know that I got tired more quickly working out today due to my slow start.  I'll just have to hope that my body can fight its way back to normal without the meds.  Now to get rid of this cough!

No comments: