Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 91: 12/11/11 - "Michelle Post"

"Michelle Post knows all about it
But she don't want is just to talk about it.
She's got everything that she believes in
She got something and she won't let me in..."

-"Michelle Post" by Hootie & The Blowfish

Cold Tennis: I haven't played tennis in the cold for over 2 years and I had forgotten just how cold my hands get.  I had a good time and got some good exercise (and got my butt kicked as usual - I really need to work on my ground strokes and my confidence).  The courts we played at were very nice - you could tell how new they were.  Too bad they don't have lights - it would be  great spot to play tennis at night too, and close to campus.

Baking Extravaganza: I decided to do my major baking extravaganza this year (though on a much smaller scale than I used to do).  I only have one oven rack so it took me from 6:00 pm - 10:40pm to get through the oatmeal, M&M, chocolate with white chips, chocolate chip, snickerdoodles, and peanut butter cookies.  I decided to hold off on the rolled sugar cookies (too tired!) and also the vegan cookies I'm making for one of my students.  But I think I did a pretty good job for one oven rack and for getting such a late start.

Here are the pics:

Oatmeal

M&M

Chocolate with White Chips

Chocolate Chip (with Snickerdoodles in the background)

Peanut Butter

No comments: