Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 356: 9/1/12 - "TBD"

Moving In: Today was move in day and things started out well.  Two Men and a Truck arrived a little later than planned (10:15 instead of 9:00) but that wasn't too bad.  The bad part was that they sent 3 men rather than 2, which means I had to pay more (I could either send them all away or keep them all, I didn't get a 3rd choice).  They didn't tell me that when I put in my request but at least all 3 of the guys were friendly, funny, and fun to be around (and pretty cute too!).  Got to have some perks when you've been through the crap I've been through.  They got everything done (including putting my beds together, helping me put my TV up, and redesigning my guest room - it was pretty funny to watch them debate about where to put the bed, the chest of drawers, etc.  Like I said, they were cute!

No TV: Just when I thought things were working out (I headed out to return the rental truck and made it back in time to meet the Direct TV installer), the crap hit the fan again.  I couldn't get my Direct TV installed because of the placement of my apartment.  No "line of sight" for the signal, so no chance that I would be able to avoid Comcast.  I checked online and their prices were just as bad as I remembered so I decided to explore a few other options.  Hoping that tomorrow my mind would be clearer.  Luckily, Dad and I were able to watch some college football on my computer (hooked up to my TV) so all was not lost.  I also got to make my first meal in my new apartment for myself and my dad (meatloaf, roasted red potatoes, and green beans).

No comments: