Saturday, September 29, 2012

Year 2, Day 18: 9/29/12 - "To the Moon and Back"

"She's taking her time making up
the reasons
To justify all the hurt inside
Guess she knows from the smile
and the look in their eyes
Everyone's got a theory about the
bitter one..."

-"To the Moon and Back" by Savage Garden

Can Knitting Cause Carpal Tunnel?  I'm starting to wonder after finishing one side of the border on my latest baby blanket.  It was the long side and I had to do 20 rows...and it took hours!  About 4 hours into it I noticed my wrist was hurting so I changed position (and it helped) but it got me to thinking about all the things I do that could cause wrist and hand issues.  I'll have to take care of my hands better since I know I'll want to knit far into the future!  I'll post pictures of the blanket tomorrow when I finish it up!

College Football on Saturdays: I know not everyone understands it, but I really do enjoy watching college football on Saturdays and not just the teams I have an affinity for.  I like a good game and I love to watch an underdog find a way to win.  Today, it was MTSU taking on Georgia Tech down in Atlanta and coming out with a convincing victory!  I was yelling at the TV as if I went to MTSU (and I almost did).  It really was more about being glad that they played well and that college football is getting closer and closer to parity than ever before.  Of course, who knows if that is true or if it was really just a fluke on the part of how badly Georgia Tech played.  I'll keep watching to find out!

No comments: