Friday, September 21, 2012

Year 2, Day 10: 9/21/12 - "You Spin Me Round"

"You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby
Right round round round..."

-"You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive

Giant Spinning Cubes:  You never know what you'll see on the FIU campus and today while I was lunching and people watching, I noticed some students standing next to the giant black cube sculpture sitting near the library.  All of a sudden the 3 of them go to an edge and start pushing and low and behold..the darn thing actually spins!  Apparently they call it "Marty's Cube" and it is supposed to be spun.  It's also supposed to be good luck to spin it 24 hours before a test.


First Week Done: It seemed like it flew by (thankfully), but my first week at FIU is over and I have survived it...I think.  There is still so much to do as I prep for next week!  So many things to get into place, and so many hurdles to get over.  I know I can do it, I just hope my heart will be in it.

Whoo Hoo - I Can Vote!  My voter registration card came in the mail today (see my proof below).  Looks like my location is pretty close by...a church of all places!  So much for separation of church and state!


No comments: