Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 363: 9/8/12 - "Brighter Than the Sun"

"But who am I to tell fate where it's supposed to go with it
Don't you blink you might miss it..."

-"Brighter Than the Sun" by Colbie Caillat

Too Hot: I started my run feeling pretty good today but hit fatigue about 2.5 miles in and knew I wouldn't make it back - the heat is always different when you are running back in the other direction.  I had a nice cool breeze on the way out, which kept me going, but then I turned down a street with barely any shade (and ran by the Federal Penitentiary!), and by the time I turned around, I had the sun right in my face.  At 4.81 miles (I use Endomondo, so I know when I stopped), I'd had enough and had to walk it home.  The full fatigue didn't hit me until I was nearing my apartment and it took me awhile to shake out of it.  I'll have to either go out running much earlier in the day (though, for me, 9am is early), or run inside, or only run when I have really good cloud cover (though here in Miami, that usually means I'll get rained on).  I'll figure it out one day...I don't relish almost passing out when I run!

No comments: