Thursday, September 27, 2012

Year 2, Day 16: 9/27/12 - "What Do I Have to Do"

"This is my third town, 
God, let it be the last one  
Start a new job Monday,
I need a little time not to run.

Just when I think it's over, 
starting over...
What do I have to do? 
Where do I have to go?  

This losing game I'm playing, 
smile I'm faking, 
road I'm taking...

-"What Do I Have to Do" by Martina McBride

Restructuring: That word makes me sick to my stomach, because most of us know what it really means (that some people are going to lose their jobs, or have their jobs changed).  I heard that word today, only 9 days into my new job and I immediately felt my heart sink.  And it wasn't just that word (for those who think that I'm over-reacting).  The actions have spoken loudly as well.  Two people in the administration have been "relieved" of their jobs.  One AD has been sent to the other campus (though this one was not actually seen as bad).  The other has had their schedule changed.  And the "middle management" have been told that they will be meeting and discussing things with the interim dean next.  No one knows what is going to happen next, but most of us aren't expecting it to be good.  I'll admit that I'm scared because there are no guarantees.  I don't know what I'll do if my job is changed dramatically (NOT AGAIN!!!!).  I'll try not to worry about it.  Until I have my meeting and everything shakes out, there is nothing I can do but the job I've been hired to do.

No comments: