Saturday, September 22, 2012

Year 2, Day 11: 9/22/12 - "I Choose"

"Because you never know where life is gonna take you
and you can't change where you've been...

...I gotta get this off of my chest, I gotta let it go today.

I was always too concerned about what everybody would think.
But I can't live for everybody, I gotta live my life for me...

...(And I choose) to be the best that I can be.
(I choose) to be authentic in everything I do.
My past don't dictate who I am. I choose..."

-"I Choose" by India Arie

Choices, Decisions...It's all the same, either way you have to do something.  Go one direction or another.  I'm in the middle of having to do that right now and I'm scared.  Because every time I've tried to do something in this area in the past, I've failed.  And I don't know if I can take another failure right now.  There is just too much going on right now for me to make a mistake and this decision, either way, could be a mistake.  I don't like being indecisive because it makes me feel like I'm letting others dictate my life for me.  And you can't accomplish anything if you do nothing.  I think I'll sleep on it one more night and hope that I'll feel like going in one direction or the other tomorrow.

No comments: