Monday, September 24, 2012

Year 2, Day 13: 9/24/12 - "Next To Me"

"I've got this second chance, I'm gonna take it
I've got this song and dance, I'm gonna take it
I've got all that I need and I can taste it"

-"Next To Me" by Civil Twilight

3 Months...That's It!  That's how much time I'm going to devote to trying Match.com again.  I can't sit around Miami waiting for someone to talk to me.  I don't care how many people met their significant others in the grocery store, at the bar, etc.  That isn't about to happen to me.  But I tried Match in Texas and it was a total disaster!  I did the 6 month subscription and actually managed to earn the free 6 months.  I didn't get ONE date...not one!!!!  Will Miami be different?  I don't know.  So far I've been contacted by 4 men...and none of them could even send a single coherent e-mail message.  They also couldn't read, apparently.  See, I actually take a person's profile to heart.  If your profile says you are looking for a Caucasian woman who is shorter than 5'10" and slender to athletic and toned, then I'm not going to contact you!  So if my profile says you must be at least 6'0" tall, then don't contact me when you are 5'7"!  I'm just not comfortable with that much of a height different.  One guy didn't even send me a message, he copied and pasted the page where he was asking Match.com to remove someone else's profile.  WTF!!!  Oh well, 3 months is  along time and it ends right before Christmas.  If I don't find someone by then, then I'll have to try something else that does not include my hard earned money!

No comments: