Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Year 2, Day 15: 9/26/12 - "Everybody Talks"

"I'm a sorry sucker and this happens all the time
I found out that everybody talks
Everybody talks, everybody talks

Never thought I'd live to see the day

When everybody's words got in the way..."

-"Everybody Talks" by Neon Trees


And The Hits Just Keep Coming!  I had my first AT meeting today and low and behold, the first announcement made by the interim dean was that someone who played a key role in the Libraries was "no longer with us as of today."  What that actually meant was that the person was let go - the one person who know everything about everything.  The one person who could answer just about any question.  The one person that most of us agreed we needed to be successful during the transition.  Now we are even more up in the air than we were just a couple of weeks ago!  Not sure if I'm seeing the whole picture yet, so I'm trying to reserve judgment, but it sure as hell looks like people outside of the Libraries are controlling what they don't understand (when they don't even know how to do the other things they are supposed to do).  Of course, they have the help of a small select few who have their claws in the people who are making decisions, an they are running things through their puppets.  Wish me luck in the near future - something tells me I'm going to need even more than I expected!

No comments: