Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Year 2, Day 14: 9/25/12 - "Shinin' On Me"

"Today the sun is shinin’ on me 
Sitting with my feet in the breeze 
Ain’t sweating the little things 
And who knows what tomorrow is gonna bring 
But today, the sun is shinin’ on me..."

-"Shinin' On Me" by Jerrod Niemann

The Cost of Living: And no, I don't mean the cost of living, as in what I pay for rent, gas, food, etc. in Miami (though that truly is a higher number than I want to think about).  No, I'm talking about the costs you incur by interacting with people, by having relationships, by trying to fit in.  Sometimes these costs are necessary and other times they just seem frivolous.  Now, whether something is frivolous is usually set by the person trying to fit in, live their life, etc.  What is frivolous to one is necessary to others.  It's just like life, really...only harder to think and talk about.  The cost of living has been very high for me...I hope that it will go down soon.

If There is Every An Emergency, We Are All Goners!  I'm referring to only when I'm at the Libraries.  Today I sat through a "tenants" meeting and we discussed the issues they have with clearing the library when their is a fire drill (or a real emergency).  Needless to say, the campus police are useless, the safety people are useless, and everyone else wants to do nothing!  If we every have an emergency, someone is going to die...I'm not playing.  That will likely be the only way they will get around to fixing the issues they have.  There are too many people in the building and not enough exits for them all. The exits they do have are not easily marked.  There is no emergency plan in place in terms of clearing the building safely.  Oh, and the students are stupid...which is the same everywhere.  Their biggest issue?  "We have people who just don't want to help and refuse to."  They refuse to do their jobs?  Are you kidding me?  The police said they weren't responsible for making sure the building was clear.  I pray that I never need their help!!!!  And your staff?  You get to tell them what their responsibilities are!  If they say "I can't do that" then you tell them that they can't work there!  OMG!!!!!!

No comments: