Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Year 2, Day 7: 9/18/12 - "Unity"

"They say it’s never too late
To stop being afraid
And there is no one else here
So why should I wait?
And in the blink of an eye the past begins to fade

So have you ever been caught in a sea of despair?

And your moment of truth
Is the day that you say “I’m not scared”..."

-"Unity" by Shinedown

Surprise, Surprise (Think Gomer Pyle...)  So I officially started my job today (ignoring yesterday's orientation), and immediately got knocked for a loop...We have an interim Dean - the person I met is no longer with the Libraries.  What?!?  No one told me before I arrived, so it was a bit of a bombshell.  They jokingly said that they didn't tell me because they didn't want me to not come.  As if I had any other option!  I had already given up my job and moved - its not like I could just say, "Oh well, back to Texas!).  Luckily for me, I didn't take the job because of the Dean.  Unluckily for me, it sounds like we aren't going to have much say in whom they choose - they really aren't involving a lot of the library people in the decision, not asking us many questions as they search.  Also, a little birdie has told me what they are looking for, and if they find it, we may be in a world of trouble!

Proof That I Attended Orientation...And Meat Roary!  In case anyone was thinking I ditched my orientation yesterday, here is proof!  Yes, they made us take a picture - I'm hiding in the back...where else would you put the tall people?


No comments: