Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 69: 11/19/11 - "Renaissance Eyes"

"Are you alone
Renaissance eyes
I once had my family stolen from me
Renaissance eyes..."

-"Renaissance Eyes" by Hootie & The Blowfish

Failure Is An Option: Or, at least it has been for me today.  I couldn't finish my run - I had to walk the last 1/2 mile.  I couldn't finish my breakfast, it made me sick to my stomach.  I didn't go to the football game today, even though I had a free ticket.  Why?  I was in too much pain from my failed run and my stomach was upset.  What a waste...

That Doesn't Look Like the Picture: No matter how many ways I twisted and turned things, I could not get the blanket I made look like the picture that they put with the pattern.  I'm not sure what I did wrong but I like the variation that I wound up with.  I have to do the edging and sew the edges in, which can take quite some time, but at least it is done.  I don't think I'll do this pattern again.  The work of sewing it together at the end is just too much, especially with all of the cut ends.

What Gives Me Joy: Not much makes me happy these days, so I'm relishing those things that do.  Right now, The Sing Off is my guilty pleasure.  It makes me smile, makes me want to sing.  I'm cheering for Pentatonix - they are the small but mighty group.  I find them to be so original and creative, enough that I would actually buy a CD by them if they ever got to make one...and people who know me, know that I don't like spending money on anything like that.

And To Make a Bad Day Worse: The Sooners lost...

No comments: