Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 63: 11/13/11 - "Here Comes Goodbye"

"Here comes goodbye,
Here comes the last time
Here comes the start of every sleepless night
The first of every tear I'm gonna cry
Here comes the pain..."

-"Here Comes Goodbye" by Rascal Flatts

Scary Movies: I don't usually watch scary movies (by scary I mean horror films.  I don't mind suspenseful films though), but today I decided to watch The Mist because I'm a Stephen King fan.  I should have known right away that it was a bad idea and I'm likely destined to have horrible dreams tonight because of the scary scenes in the movie.  But I do want to point out that the ending was not a surprise to me.  I won't spoil it for anyone who has not seen it.  But I will say that the cover of the DVD claiming that it was "one of the most shocking movie endings ever!" needs to go back to the drawing board.  The Sixth Sense had a shocking ending - this one was exactly what I expected.

Speaking of Dreams: I had an odd one last night.  I was a cop (yeah, right) and I was back in T-Town where I was supposed to be arresting my best friend from high school (the one I haven't seen in almost 15 years now).  The reunion part of the dream was great - I do miss my friend and it would be great to see them again.  But then, I decided to try to hid him from the cops (not my style), and for some reason they were willing to trust me with some cockeyed plan of escape.  Here is my suggestion to anyone who ever finds themselves in a similar situation.  Even if you are innocent (in my dream they were), you still have to go through the process and you have to trust the process.  I do find that hard to say, especially after finishing reading Zeitoun, but it is still a necessary part of life in America.

What Have You Done For Me Lately?  Absolutely nothing.  I got nothing accomplished today and I find myself feeling more and more guilty about my inability to be productive.  I don't feel right.  I find myself struggling to breath sometimes (it's all in my head), and then I find myself so tired I just want to lay down and sleep.  And then there are the headaches that seem to ebb and flow with the passing hours.  Add that to the temperature fluctuations (one minute I'm cold, the next I'm sweating), and you've got a recipe for disaster.


Speaking of Recipes....Cinnamon Rolls: I decided I wanted to make cinnamon rolls today and though they aren't the best thing I've ever baked, I at least feel good about the fact that they rose (I used yeast).  Usually when I bake with yeast, it's a crap shoot - I never know if the dough will rise or not. Today it rose both times.  The only problem with the final product was that they were too bland.  They definitely needed more sugar (and I could definitely throw some icing on them) but overall they weren't bad.

No comments: