Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 59: 11/9/11 - "In Your Eyes"

"love I get so lost, sometimes
days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
when I want to run away
I drive off in my car
but whichever way I go
I come back to the place you are"

- "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel

Stranger in a Strange Land: I'm in Atlanta for the Access Services Conference and I went to the "reception" that they had tonight.  This is the first time since my very first conference that I can remember being in a room with other librarians and not knowing another single soul.  I didn't stay at the reception, I didn't feel welcome there.  I trudged back to my hotel in the rain and decided to do some work until my ever-present headache intensified to the point of blinding pain.  So now I'm typing my post as quickly as I can so that I can get off of this computer and rest.  No chance that I'll be going to very many of the sessions they offer - I don't see anything that would truly interest me.

Alone...Such a small word that carries so much weight in my heart and mind right now.  I'm feeling it even more now that I'm out of Texas and reminded that no matter where I go, I am still alone.

Set Up to Fail:  If you don't know what this feels like, congratulations to you.  It's a horrible feeling knowing that you are being set up to fail and knowing that there is nothing you can do about it except hope that you can surprise them and actually do what they think you can't.  That's what I'm trying to do right now - wish me luck.

No comments: