Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 77: 11/27/11 - "So Far Away"

"This is my life
Its not what it was before
All these feelings I've shared
And these are my dreams
That I'd never lived before..."

- "So Far Away" by Staind

Airport Saga Continues: I should have known when I saw all of the rain falling today in Tennessee that it was going to be an adventure getting home.  I had to leave at 3:30 pm to catch an 8:50 pm flight so that I could stop and pick up my mother on the way.  All was fine until I tried to pull out of her yard and ran the car right into a bog!  I didn't realize how deep the mud was or how mushy the grass and surrounding area had become.  I buried the car and my mom's friend had to call a local friend with a truck to come over and pull us out.  So we spent nearly an hour in the cold and rain and both my father and I got our feet and jeans wet.  Luckily I was able to change when I got to the airport but was a pain in the butt.  Then, to make matters worse, when I arrived at the San Antonio airport I had to figure out where the shuttle to economy parking would pick up.  A bunch of us had to ask an officer to find out and we had to wait outside for nearly 20 minutes.  Then when we got to the lot, they only had one lane open for us to get out of the lot and it took another 20 minutes.  The only perk?  They only charged us $8 per day rather than the $10 we would have paid in long term parking.  Not sure if it was worth it now as I sit here with a sore throat and itchy eyes...

No comments: