Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 55: 11/5/11 - "Make Yourself"

"If you let them make you, they'll make you paper mache
At a distance you're strong, until the wind comes
Then you crumble and blow away..."

- "Make Yourself" by Incubus

Pain!  I finished my run today.  Though they seem to be getting more painful as I go along, I know that if I don't get back to running regularly, there is no chance I'll lose the 25 pounds I've gained over the last year.  Today I didn't have my legs while I was running.  I knew it as soon as I set out, not even 1/4 mile into the run and my legs were aching and felt like jello.  I also realized that I felt slower (though a check of the clock told me that I had finished in a similar time as last week).  About twenty feet from the turn around point my left knee started hurting.  Feels like the knee cap is being hit with every stride.  I suspect that it is just arthritis beneath the knee cap (similar to what they cleaned up on my right knee while they were fixing my menisci).  Both my knees and my left hip and my legs are hurting mercilessly.  I want to take one of my anti-inflammatory pills but I'm not sure how it will interact with my thyroid medication.  I'll have to wait until I can get back to the doctor to find out.

No Dreams? I know that I must be dreaming when I sleep but for once I'm not remembering my dreams at all.  I don't know if this is good or bad, since I often have nightmares that I wish I could forget or dreams that are so beautiful and so close to what I want, that I find myself saddened when I wake up and realize that it was just a dream.  I guess you can't have it both ways - either you dream and get used to the idea of remembering them and deal with the bad ones.  Or you don't remember your dreams and you don't worry about it.

New Symptoms: So my newest symptoms are both odd and slightly alarming.  First, I've noticed that my eyes are bothering me more than usual.  I'll have to get that checked out soon so that I don't wind up with some sort of permanent damage.  The odd symptom has been a chance in my taste buds.  Things that used to take fine to me tend to taste sour.  I'm leaning towards preferring bland foods (not something I would normally say) and my sweet tooth is turning into a savory tooth as I crave salty things over sweet things.  Not sure if this is truly related to the medicine or if I'm just being quirky...

No comments: